In this short video, Nassim speaks at the Lebanese Diaspora Energy event, a conference designed to strengthen the bonds between Lebanese residents and emigrants worldwide.
Nassim was interviewed by Bruce Oreck at the Tomorrow Conference in Finland in June.
As the keynote speaker for the 2015 Fletcher Political Risk Conference, Nassim spoke about Fat Tails.
Nassim joins psychologist Daniel Kahneman and journalist Gillian Tett in discussing intuition and instincts and their consequences in decision-making.
This is an audio recording of Nassim speaking at the Stanford Technology Ventures Program’s Entrepreneurial Thought Leaders series. It’s called How Things Gain From Disorder.
Nassim and Paul Wilmott are offering their “infamous” two-day seminar “Quantitative Risk Management: In Theory and In Practice” on March 12th and 13th, in London. Here are the points that will be addressed:
- What is risk?
- What are fat tails?
- The idea of fragility and how to measure it
- Size and scaling
- The law of large numbers in the real world
- What is complexity?
- How to price options using different distributions
- How to simulate fat tails
- How to measure model risk
- How not to measure model risk
- Sometimes it’s wrong to use probabilities
- The concept of delta-alpha
- The commonest quant mistakes
- The Greeks that give you false hope
- Why calibration does not work
- The dangers of correlation
- The importance of nonlinearity
- Volatility nonsense
- What commonsense tells you about volatility, and turning that into a model
- Why simple models are often the best and why too much math can be dangerous
- A summary of what to do and where the real world is different
To register, please visit the Wilmott Forums.
Nassim, introduced by Abhimanyu Radhakrishnan, gives a talk called “Black Swan: The Impact of the Highly Improbable” at the Jaipur Literary Festival.
Antifragility: A User’s Manual
Learn to thrive in a volatile and complex world by creating “antifragile” organizations that thrive on stress and disorder
A two-day program for senior management
November 4th and 5th, 2013
Nassim Nicholas Taleb, Distinguished Professor, Polytechnic Institute of New York University
Yaneer Bar-Yam, President and Professor, New England Complex Systems Institute
This debate with Niall Ferguson, CEO of Pepsico Indra Nooyi was detailed in the chapter “The Antifragility and Ethics of (Large) Corporations” in Antifragile. Google CEO Eric Schmidt joined the discussion towards the end. Walter Isaacson moderates.
The video is now out of the NYPL talk between Nassim and Daniel (audio version posted here).